E3 2012: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC To Release on June 28th
Today Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be released for Windows PC on June 26th in the US. So what’s the difference between the console and PC versions you ask? Well here’s a list.
PC Version Key Features:
- Support DX11 (adding stunning amount of visual details on characters through displacement mapping, as well as some global illumination effects.)
- More complex materials (like parallax occlusion mapping or gloss and specular maps.)
- Improved dynamic lighting
- Volumetric lighting effects
- Soft shadows
- Improved post-processing with better HDR and motion blur
- Playable with keyboard and mouse, or with wired and wireless X360 pads
- Will be available via digital distribution
And here’s the minimum and recommended hardware requirements.
Minimum hardware requirements:
- Supported Operating Systems*: Windows Vista® (with Service Pack 2)/ Windows 7® (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions.
- PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz
- RAM: 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7
- VIDEO CARD: 512 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS/AMD Radeon HD 4650
- DIRECT X®: DirectX 11
- DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 11 – compliant sound card
- HDD space: 25 GB
- CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher
- RAM: 3 GB Windows Vista® & 7®
- Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better.